Guide To Root Pixel 3 XL and Pixel 3 On Android Q BETA
Google Pixel 3 and Google Pixel 3 XL are now on the Android Q BETA, So to acquire root first need to unlock bootloader on Google Pixel 3/3 XL and root Pixel 3XL and Pixel 3. This way you can root your Pixel 3/3 XL without installing TWRP recovery.
Google launched the Google Pixel 3/3XL a year ago. It’s specification almost the same as the previous version Pixel 2/2XL smartphone but a bit more updated. It was very much hype for the specifications of Google Pixel 3/3XL and Here we share unlock bootloader and root Pixel 3 And Pixel 3 XL on Android Q BETA.
Guide To Unlock Bootloader And Root Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL On Android Q BETA
As soon as Pixel 3/3XL arrives in the market, there is a lot to release mods, custom ROM, also you can get Viper4Android, Dolby or any sound mod for Pixel 3/3XL. If you want to install custom ROM or any mod then need root access. Here we provide a guide to Root Google Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL.
So this year Google gave the Android Q BETA version for the pixel and some other devices. Lots of users installed the update to try out the new Android Q features. If you are using Android Q BETA on your Pixel 3XL or Pixel 3 then you should try to root it if you want ofcourse. So to root Pixel 3 XL and Pixel 3 follow the guide below.
- Charge your device, minimum 70%.
- Backup your important data, in case remove all data.
- Install Google Driver.
- Enable Developer Options and USB Debugging on Google device.
Go to settings ⇒ About phone ⇒ Tap on “build number” 7 times to enable developer options.
Go to your settings ⇒ Developer options ⇒ tick the “ USB debugging ” checkbox.
- Remove all password or fingerprint from your device.
- Download the below files then read the guide.
Download Google Pixel 3 Stock Boot Image
Download Google Pixel 3XL Stock Boot Image
Download other required files:
Unlock Bootloader of Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL
- First turn off your device and boot into bootloader mode by holding the ‘power’ and ‘volume -‘ simultaneously.
- Now connect your device into your PC using the USB cable.
- Open PowerShell windows in adb-fastboot-tool-2018 folder by Shift + Mouse Right click.
- Now paste below command on command window and hit enter to check your PC recognizes your Pixel 3.
- Then run the command below to unlock the Pixel 3/3XL bootloader. Don’t disconnect the cable.
.\fastboot flashing unlock
- You should now see text on screen warning you about the potential risks of unlocking the bootloader. On the screen next to the power and volume buttons, you should see some text. Press the volume up key until it says “unlock the bootloader.” Once it says this, press the power button.
- Once bootloader unlocked, now, type copy and paste the command to reboot the device.
.\fastboot flashing unlock
- Hurry! The bootloader of Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL is unlocked.
Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL Root
- First, download the latest Magisk Manager and install it on your device.
- Download stock boot image of your device from above and save it internal storage in your device.
- Now open Magisk manager in your device and tap on the menu icon from the left corner of the display.
- Tap on “Settings > Patched Boot Output Format and select .img.”
- Back to Magisk home screen, then tap on “Install” again tap on “Install” and then select “Patch Boot Image File.”
- Now select the boot image that you store before in your device storage.
- After that connect your phone with the PC and then copy “boot img” file in the adb-fastboot-tool-2018 folder.
- Now open PowerShell windows in adb-fastboot-tool-2018 folder by Shift + Mouse Right click.
- Again turn off your device and boot into bootloader mode by holding the ‘power’ and ‘volume -‘ simultaneously.
- Now paste below command on command window and hit enter to root your Pixel 3 or 3 XL.
fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img
- Once flashing procedure is done, type copy and paste the command to reboot the device.
- That’s it, now you can enjoy root access in your Google Pixel 3/3XL on Android Q BETA.
If you have any problems do comment below. Also, for more updates on stuff like flashing, wallpapers, themes etc like our Facebook page.