Install TWRP and Root Galaxy Tab S4 (SM-T835/T830)
Here we will share a guide to install TWRP recovery and Root Samsung Galaxy Tab S4. This method supported with the SM-T830 (WiFi) and SM-T835 (LTE) variants devices.
Many people already bought these tab. If you are one of those users and want to customize your device then you are the right place. Today I found “TWRP for Galaxy Tab S4” and guide to ‘root Galaxy Tab S4‘ from XDA forum. Thanks to XDA Recognized Contributor “ashyx“, to build unofficial TWRP for Galaxy Tab S4. Here we share a complete guide to install TWRP Recovery and Root Galaxy Tab S4.
Install TWRP and Root Galaxy Tab S4
If you want to increase device performance or customize you tab the first need to root Samsung Galaxy Tab S4. In this post, we will root with the help of Magisk. After root your device you can easily use root-enabled apps, mods, for additional features. To root your device first need to install TWRP recovery on Galaxy Tab S4.
As soon as Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 arrives in the market, there is a lot to release mods, custom ROM, also you can install Viper4Android, Dolby or any sound mod on Samsung Galaxy Tab S4. If you want to install custom ROM or any mod then need to install TWRP Recovery and root access. Here we provide unofficial TWRP v3.2.3-2 for Galaxy Tab S4. So let’s go to the steps below to Install TWRP Recovery And Root Galaxy Tab S4.
- Charge your device, minimum 70%.
- Backup your important data, in case remove all data.
- Enable Developer Options and USB Debugging on Samsung device.
Go to settings ⇒ About phone ⇒ Tap on “build number” 7 times to enable developer options.
Go to your settings ⇒ Developer options ⇒ tick the “ USB debugging ” checkbox.
- Enable OEM Unlock.
Go to your settings ⇒ Developer options ⇒ tick the“ OEM Unlock ” checkbox
- Read Guide.
Download Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 TWRP Recovery
- TWRP recovery for Samsung Galaxy Tab S4: twrp_3.2.3-2_sm-t830_26918.tar
Download other required files:
- Install Samsung USB Driver
- Download Latest Odin Tool
- DM-Verity patched boot: T830XXU1ARH8_dmverity_patched_boot_permissive.tar
- Forced-Encryption disabler: TabS4_oreo_forced_encryption_disabler.zip
- Download Magisk from Here
Install TWRP for Galaxy Tab S4
- Download Magisk zip and TabS4_oreo_forced_encryption_disabler.zip, copy both files to the external storage.
- Download Odin and extract Odin-v3.*.* and run Odin3 vx.xx.exe.
- Then switch Off your Galaxy Tab S4.
- Turn your device into Download Mode By (Volume Down + Home + Power buttons)
Press Volume Up to acknowledge the warning Then Phone Will Turn Download Mode
- Connect your phone with pc via USB.
- ODIN will detect your device.
- That is, check the AP Box, select the ‘T830XXU1ARH8_dmverity_patched_boot_permissive.tar‘ file.
- See the Screenshot.
- Now click Start Button on ODIN to begin the installation process.
- Once done you’ll see PASS! the massage, the tablet will reboot into the OS automatically.
- Now, put the Galaxy Tab S4 into Download Mode again and connect it to the PC.
- Run ODIN tool again and check the AP Box, select the ‘twrp_3.2.3-2_sm-t830_26918.tar‘ file.
- Now uncheck Auto Reboot from Option.
- Finally, now click Start Button on ODIN to begin the installation process.
- Once done you’ll see PASS! message on ODIN after that immediately reboot to recovery by holding Power + Volume up and Home buttons.
- When you are in TWRP mode select allow modifications.
- Then go to Install Navigate to ‘TabS4_oreo_forced_encryption_disabler.zip‘, select and install.
- First, go to Wipe > Format Data to do decrypt/data partition.
- If you want to root your device then follow the root steps below, either reboot your system.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 Root
- Again Reboot your device to TWRP recovery mode.
- Then go to Install Navigate to Magisk.zip, select and install.
- Reboot your phone.
If you have any problems do comment below. Also, for more updates on stuff like flashing, wallpapers, themes etc like our Facebook page.