How To Unlock Bootloader, Install TWRP, Root Moto E5 Play
Recently Motorola launched Moto E5 Play. This device brings water damage resistant features with All-day battery life. Today I saw TWRP for Moto E5 Play and guide to root Moto E5 Play in XDA forum. Here we share a full guide to unlock bootloader Moto E5 Play, Install TWRP, Root Moto E5 Play.
Here we will guide to install TWRP recovery for Moto E5 Play. Also, Root Moto E5 Play via Magisk with a simple guide. If you have Moto E5 Play you can install TWRP Recovery on your device and root it. Moto device comes with the bootloader. So without unlocking bootloader, you couldn’t customize any things so first unlock bootloader of Moto E5 Play.
Unlock Bootloader, Install TWRP, Root Moto E5 Play
After launching Moto E5 Play already started to develop much Android stuff at XDA forum. Thanks to XDA Senior Member “CodyF86” to share this guide for E5 Play users. If you can want to install custom ROM or any mod then need to Install TWRP Recovery and give root features to get full access on Android. So let’s go to the steps below to unlock bootloader, Install TWRP Recovery And Root Moto E5 Play.
- Charge your device, minimum 70%.
- Backup your important data, in case remove all data.
- Install USB Driver from Here.
- Enable Developer Options and USB Debugging on Moto device.
Go to settings ⇒ About phone ⇒ Tap on “build number” 7 times to enable developer options.
Go to your settings ⇒ Developer options ⇒ tick the “ USB debugging ” checkbox.
- Enable OEM Unlock (If the bootloader is locked).
Go to your settings ⇒ Developer options ⇒ tick the“ OEM Unlock ” checkbox
- Download the below files then read the guide.
- Download ⇒ ADBFASTBOOT TOOL
- TWRP for Moto G6 Play: twrp_james.img
- DM Verity disabler file: boot-e5-noverity.img
- Patched boot image: fstab.qcom
- Download Magisk from Here.
Unlock Moto E5 Play Bootloader:
Without unlock bootloader you can do anything. So go to this link to unlock Moto G6 Play bootloader: Unlock_Bootloader_Moto_E5_Play.
Install TWRP For Moto E5 Play:
1.) First Read Preparation Unlock Bootloader Download Required Files.
2.) Download “adb-fastboot-tool-2018.zip” extract it in a desktop.
- Download TWRP img and all boot files from above. Then copy all those files in the same folder (adb-fastboot-tool-2018 folder).
3.) Rename TWRP recovery IMG file “twrp_james.img” to “recovery.img” and copy to adb-fastboot-tool-2018 Folder.
4.) Open cmd windows in adb-fastboot-tool-2018 folder by Shift + Mouse Right click.
5.) Connect your device in Fastboot Mode by holding Power button + Both Volume button at the same time.
6.) Once your device in fastboot mode, Now paste this command on command window and hit enter.
fastboot boot recovery.img
7.) Once TWRP recovery show on your device then paste this command on command window and hit enter to backup stock boot and recovery images.
adb pull /dev/block/platform/soc/7824900.sdhci/by-name/boot stockboot.img adb pull /dev/block/platform/soc/7824900.sdhci/by-name/recovery stockrecovery.img
8.) Now again Reboot your device in Bootloader Mode.
adb reboot bootloader
9.) Now flash the correct DM Verity disabler file as per your device by hitting this command.
fastboot flash boot boot-e5-noverity.img
10.) At least Flash TWRP by using this command.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Reboot your device to recovery mode using volume keys on the device. TWRP ask you for a password, just skips it.
11.) Now install patched fstab.qcom boot image using this command.
adb push fstab.qcom /vendor/etc/fstab.qcom
12.) Then click the ” Wipe ” button on TWRP recovery and Swipe to Factory Reset. It will wipe your everything in your device.
13.) That’s it to install TWRP. If you want to Root then follow the guide below.
Guide To Root Moto E5 Play:
- Download Magisk zip, copy it to the Internal Storage or external storage.
- Turn off your phone and turn into recovery mode By Volume UP + Down + Power.
- Now Don’t Allow Modifications.
- Go to Install Navigate to Magisk.zip Swipe to install.
- Reboot your phone.
- Or read the guide on our magisk article.
If you have any problems do comment below. Also, for more updates on stuff like flashing, wallpapers, themes etc like our Facebook page.