Here we will share a guide to install TWRP recovery and Root Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro. After rooting your device will get many special features also you can modify the system.
This device is now one of the best devices under 15000 budget, many people already bought this smartphone. If you are one of those users and want to customize your device then you are the right place. Today I found “TWRP for Redmi 6 Pro” and guide to “root Redmi 6 Pro” from XDA forum. Thanks to XDA Senior Member “aragon12“, to share official TWRP for Redmi 6 Pro. Here we share a complete guide to install TWRP Recovery and Root Redmi 6 Pro.
Move To Table
Install TWRP and Root Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro
You can even tweak the system settings to increase device performance or customize to root Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro. In this post, we will root with the help of Magisk. After root your device you can easily use root-enabled apps, mods, for additional features. To root your device first need to install TWRP recovery on Redmi 6 Pro.
As soon as Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro arrives in the market, there is a lot to release mods, custom ROM, also you can get Viper4Android, Dolby or any sound mod for Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro. If you want to install custom ROM or any mod then need to install TWRP Recovery and root access. Here we provide official TWRP v3.2.3 for Redmi 6 Pro. So let’s go to the steps below to Install TWRP Recovery And Root Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro.
- Charge your device, minimum 70%.
- Backup your important data, in case remove all data.
- Install Xiaomi Driver.
- Enable Developer Options and USB Debugging on Xiaomi device.
Go to settings ⇒ About phone ⇒ Tap on “build number” 7 times to enable developer options.
Go to your settings ⇒ Developer options ⇒ tick the “ USB debugging ” checkbox.
- Remove all password or fingerprint from your device.
- Download the below files then read the guide.
Download Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro TWRP Recovery
- TWRP recovery for Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro: twrp-3.2.3-0-sakura.img
Download other required files:
Install Official TWRP For Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro
1. First Read Preparation Unlock Bootloader Download Required Files.
2. Download “adb-fastboot-tool-2018.zip” extract it in a desktop.
- Download TWRP img and all files from above. Then copy all those files in your device and do keep a copy of TWRP in the computer.
3. Rename TWRP recovery IMG file “twrp-3.2.3-0-sakura.img” to “recovery.img” and copy to adb-fastboot-tool-2018 folder.
4. Open CMD windows in adb-fastboot-tool-2018 folder by Shift + Mouse Right click.
5. Connect your device to the PC, make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
6. Now Reboot your Redmi 6 Pro in Bootloader Mode, using this command.
adb reboot bootloader
› If you get Permission popup in your device then Allow it.
7. Once your device in fastboot mode, Now paste this command on command window and hit enter to install TWRP recovery temporarily.
fastboot boot recovery.img
8. Now hold Volume Down and while holding the Volume down button, run the command below to reboot into download mode.
9. Then reboot your device to Recovery Mode, When asked to “Allow for modifications. By Swipe to Allow Modifications.
10. Then click install button and select “twrp-3.2.3-0-sakura.img” to install TWRP permanently in your device .
11. Once done click on Reboot system button to restart the device.
12. That’s it to install TWRP. If you want to Root Redmi 6 Pro then follow the guide below.
Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro Root
- Turn off your phone and turn into recovery mode By Volume UP + Power.
- Go to Install Navigate to Magisk.zip Swipe to install.
- Reboot your phone.
If you have any problems do comment below. Also, for more updates on stuff like flashing, wallpapers, themes etc like our Facebook page.