A few months ago Microsoft launched Windows 11 with lots of new features and UI enhancement. The new OS is designed to work with touchscreen devices and offers a more personalized experience. Windows 11 comes with lots of optimization but it also takes lots of resources and this OS isn’t recommended for older laptops or computers. If you like Windows 11 but your computer doesn’t match with minimal requirements then this guide must be for you. Today we will share the lightest build of Windows 11, it can run even on the oldest systems. So let’s go to the guide to install Windows 11 Lite on your PC.
Install Windows 11 Lite on Your PC (2022)
Windows 11 Lite is an official Windows 11-based build that has customizable to remove or stop services for low-profile machines. The Win 11 lite interface is almost similar to Windows 11. We’ll be sharing an in-depth download and installation guide, so keep up with the guides mentioned below.
What is Windows 11 Lite
This version of Windows is based on the 22000 version and was developed by teamsOS. They are a custom Windows developer team, They broke down all the unnecessary files and things that regular users don’t require. Also, remove all the preinstalled apps like Windows Defender, Xbox Service, and even the Microsoft Store. They allow us to make Win 11 Lite run better even with low resources. The version of Windows 11 Lite is based on the modified version of Windows 11, particularly to boost gaming performance on low-end PCs.
The best thing about the Lite version is that it is designed to be so light that it can run well on a PC with only 256MB of RAM. You can get a greater speed with no-lag performance on your low-end machine.
Is Windows 11 Lite Safe
Note that Microsoft does not develop an official version of Windows 11 Lite. Win 11 Lite is just a stripped-down version with few resources (without the bloatware and extra services). Since such custom Windows Lite version ISO is made by third-party developers. So, authenticity and privacy features may be compromised. Custom Windows Lite build is sure to be fast, but whether it’s safe or not is uncertain.
Pre-requisites for Installing Windows
- This is third-party Windows so you can’t install it directly on your running Windows device. You need to download IOS from below.
- Download Rufus software.
- Get a 4GB Pendrive.
Download Windows 11 Lite ISO
Creating a Partition to Install Windows
1. Download the latest Windows_11_Lite ISO file on your PC.
2. Download the latest version Rufus Tool EXE file and run it on your pc.
3. Connect a USB pen drive and format it.
4. Select the USB device and browse the Windows_11_Lite iso file.
5. In the image option select “Windows11_Pro_Lite_TPM_Pre-Activated.iso“.
6. Now, make sure the Partition scheme is set to GPT and the Target system is set to UEFI (non-CSM). You can change the disk volume label this is optional.
7. You are now ready to create a Windows 11 bootable USB drive Click “Start” and prompt “OK” to start creating the bootable USB drive.
8. The process will take some time. Once it’s done, you will see the “Ready” message and the progress bar will turn green.
9. You have now successfully created a Windows 11 bootable USB device and it’s ready to install Windows 11 on your device.
Guide to Install Windows 11 Lite using a bootable USB Drive
- Connect the bootable USB drive (Pendrive) to your computer.
- Now Reboot your pc and continue to press the bootable key and select the bootable USB drive
- Next, follow all the step-by-step instructions and install Windows 11 Lite.