Good news for LG G7 ThinQ user Unofficial Twrp recovery is now available for LG G7 ThinQ created by xda forum member it means you can root the device. LG also listed LG G7 ThinQ on their bootloader unlock website so that you can unlock the bootloader too, you can unlock bootloader from LG developer website we have the guide for this. The twrp recovery is still in development mode, but you can flash magisk with it and root the device. We will show you How To install TWRP Recovery on LG G7 ThinQ and How to Root LG G7 ThinQ with magisk.
Move To Table
Rooting Pros and Cons
After Rooting LG G7 ThinQ series phone you can able mod your device, but before starting the guide do a complete backup, and one thing warranty will void after rooting the device. Here are some Rooting benefits, you can remove stock bloatware, System Apps after Root the device. Changing the fonts and themes, Customizing the phone by installing root apps, Mod the device with magisk module and more. Also, you can hide root access on specified apps with the help of Magisk systemless App. Let’s start the guide.
How to Root LG G7 ThinQ
The only way to Root LG G7 ThinQ via Magisk because SuperSu stops deployment their app and SuperSu 2.82 doesn’t support Oreo. So you need latest magisk and TWRP Recovery to flash the magsik zip, but the first thing you have to do is bootloader unlocking. You can unlock the bootloader with our Guide.
- LG LG G7 ThinQ LM-G710**
- Before starting the rooting process do a complete backup, your device includes Apps, Contacts, Messages, Gallery file, Internal Storage Files.
- Charge the device for interrupt installing.
- Install LG Driver.
- Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging, OEM Unlock to connect your device in ADB, fastboot mode.
- Unlock LG G7 ThinQ bootloader ⇒ How To Unlock Bootloader Of LG Phones
- Download TWRP file Latest Magisk and ADB-Fastboot Tool Read Guide.
Download TWRP for LG G7 ThinQ and Root Files, ADB Tool
ADB & fastboot tool ⇒ LATEST MINIMAL ADB AND FASTBOOT TOOLS
Unofficial TWRP ⇒ TWRP.img
How To Install TWRP Recovery On LG G7 ThinQ
1. First, read Pre-requisites unlock the bootloader, Download ADB & fastboot, and TWRP Recovery.
- Download TWRP file any one of them and rename it to recovery.img.
2. Connect your device to the pc copy TWRP file to ADB & fastboot folder.
3. Now open command promotes to the ADB & fastboot folder by Hold Shift + Mouse Right Click and type the command one by one.
- This command will reboot your device into fastboot mode.
4. This command will install TWRP recovery on LG G7 ThinQ Don’t reboot the device instead boot the device into twrp recovery mode and go to the root step with this command.
How To Root LG G7 ThinQ on Oreo with Magisk
1. Once you complete the twrp installation now, you can root the device by flash (Latest Magsik) Download latest Magsik from the download section.
2. Dm-verity and Forced Encryption Disabler 6.0 will fix Encryption issue so first flash this zip then Magsik.
3. lg-rctd-disabler zip file this reduces LG root checks.
4. Download no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0.zip and Magsik zip, lg-rctd-disabler zip Copy both files to internal storage or SD Card and switch off the device.
5. In TWRP, Tap cancel if TWRP asks for a password to decrypt.
6. Allow for modifications. By Swipe to Allow Modifications.
7. Go to Wipe and Do Wipe Data and Factory Reset.
8. Back and go to recovery menu and tap on “Reboot Recovery”
9. Go To install and navigate to no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0.zip ⇒ Swipe To Install, Then install Magsik zip and g-rctd-disabler zip.
10. Back and reboot the device.
11. Open magisk app and verify root access and safety net check (Install Magsik Manager Apk if magisk app is missing).