How To Unlock Bootloader of LG V30/V30+/V30S – Install TWRP and Root on Oreo
Finally, LG V30 Unlock Bootloader method is available after Oreo update. Unofficial Twrp recovery is also available for Download created by xda forum member it means you can root the device. LG not listed LG V30, V30+, V30S on their bootloader unlock website, but there is a way found by xda forum members, if you update your device to Oreo then you can Unlock Bootloader of LG V30, V30+, V30S with this guide. We will show you How To Unlock Bootloader of LG V30 and install TWRP Recovery How to Root LG V30, V30+, V30S.
Rooting Pros and Cons
After Rooting LG V30 series phone you can able mod your device, but before starting the guide do a complete backup, and one thing warranty will void after rooting the device. Here are some Rooting benefits, you can remove stock bloatware, System Apps after Root the device. Changing the fonts and themes, Customizing the phone by installing root apps, Mod the device with magisk module and more. Also, you can hide root access on specified apps with the help of Magisk systemless App. Let’s start the guide.
How to Root LG V30, V30+, V30S on Oreo
The only way to Root LG V30 via Magisk because SuperSu stops deployment their app and SuperSu 2.82 doesn’t support Oreo. So you need latest magisk and TWRP Recovery to flash the magsik zip, but the first thing you have to do is bootloader unlocking. You can unlock the bootloader with our Guide.
- LG V30/V30+/V30S
- Before starting the rooting process do a complete backup, your device includes Apps, Contacts, Messages, Gallery file, Internal Storage Files.
- Charge the device for interrupt installing.
- Install LG Driver.
- Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging, OEM Unlock to connect your device in ADB, fastboot mode.
- Download the bootloader Unlock file, TWRP, and Latest Magisk and ADB-Fastboot Tool Read Guide.
Download TWRP for LG V30 and Root Files, ADB Tool,
ADB & fastboot tool ⇒ LATEST MINIMAL ADB AND FASTBOOT TOOLS
Bootloader Unlock file ⇒ new_unlock.bin
How To Unlock Bootloader of LG V30 Series
1. First, read Pre-requisites Enable USB Debugging and Download ADB & fastboot Tool and Unzip it.
2. Download Bootloader Unlock file and copy it to ADB & fastboot Tool folder.
3. Connect your device to the PC and go to ADB & fastboot folder or use System Wide fastboot/ADB method.
4. Now open command promotes to the ADB & fastboot folder by Hold Shift + Mouse Right Click and type the command one by one.
- This command will reboot your device into fastboot mode.
5. Use this command to flash Bootloader Unlock file and Unlock Bootloader of LG V30.
- Confirm the unlocking on your phone via volume navigation key.
How To Install TWRP Recovery On LG V30 Series
1. First, read Pre-requisites unlock the bootloader, Download ADB & fastboot, and TWRP Recovery.
- Download TWRP file any one of them and rename it to recovery.img.
2. Connect your device to the pc copy TWRP file to ADB & fastboot folder.
3. Now open command promotes to the ADB & fastboot folder by Hold Shift + Mouse Right Click and type the command one by one.
- This command will reboot your device into fastboot mode, or you can do manually by hold Volume Down + Power key together.
4. This command will install TWRP recovery on LG v30 Don’t reboot the device instead boot the device into twrp recovery mode and go to the root step with this command.
How To Root LG V30 on Oreo with Magisk
1. Once you complete the twrp installation now, you can root the device by flash (Latest Magsik) Download latest Magsik from the download section.
2. Dm-verity and Forced Encryption Disabler 6.0 will fix Encryption issue so first flash this zip then Magsik.
3. lg-rctd-disabler zip file this reduces LG root checks.
4. Download no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0.zip and Magsik zip, lg-rctd-disabler zip Copy both files to internal storage or SD Card and switch off the device.
5. In TWRP, Tap cancel if TWRP ask for a password to decrypt.
6. Allow for modifications. By Swipe to Allow Modifications.
7. Go to Wipe and Do Wipe Data and Factory Reset.
8. Back and go to recovery menu and tap on “Reboot Recovery”
9. Go To install and navigate to no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0.zip ⇒ Swipe To Install, Then install Magsik zip and g-rctd-disabler zip.
10. Back and reboot the device.
11. Open magisk app and verify root access and safety net check (Install Magsik Manager Apk if magisk app is missing).