Finally, Nokia 6.1 unofficial Twrp recovery is available for Download and created by xda forum member. The phone is only available in the China, Asia and Europe market, but many people bought it from Chinese e-commerce websites like Aliexpress, gearbest. Nokia 6.1 Chinese version (aka X6) came without Google Service and Google play store the only way to install gapps on Nokia 6.1 is via TWRP Recovery. In this post, We will show you How to install TWRP on Nokia 6.1 and How to Root Nokia 6.1.
Rooting Pros and Cons
After Rooting Nokia 6.1 you can able mod your device, but before starting the guide do a complete backup, and one thing warranty will void after rooting the device. Here are some Rooting benefits, you can remove stock bloatware, System Apps after Root the device. Changing the fonts and themes, Customizing the phone by installing root apps, Mod the device with magisk module and more. Also, you can hide root access on specified apps with the help of Magisk systemless App. Let’s start the guide.
How to Root Nokia 6.1 Oreo
The only way to Root Nokia 6.1 via Magisk because SuperSu stops deployment their app and SuperSu 2.82 doesn’t support Oreo. So you need latest magisk and TWRP Recovery to flash the magsik zip, but the first thing you have to do is bootloader unlocking. You can unlock the bootloader with our Nokia Unlock Bootloader Guide.
- Nokia X6, Nokia 6.1, Nokia 6 2018
- Before starting the rooting process do a complete backup, your device includes Apps, Contacts, Messages, Gallery file, Internal Storage Files.
- Charge the device for interrupt installing.
- Install ADB-FASTBOOT Driver.
- Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging, OEM Unlock to connect your device in ADB, fastboot mode.
- Unlock the bootloader of Nokia 6.1 ⇒ How To Unlock Nokia Phones Bootloader.
- Download The TWRP and Latest Magisk and ADB-Fastboot Tool Read Guide.
Download TWRP for Nokia 6.1 and Root Files, ADB Tool, Gapps
ADB & fastboot tool ⇒ LATEST MINIMAL ADB AND FASTBOOT TOOLS
Unofficial TWRP ⇒ Xda Forum Thread
Root Files ⇒ Latest Magisk
Gapps (Chinese variant only) ⇒ open_gapps-arm64-8.1-nano-20180826.zip[bs-white-space]
How To Install TWRP Recovery On Nokia 6.1
1. First, read Pre-requisites unlock the bootloader, Download ADB & fastboot, and TWRP Recovery.
- Download TWRP file as your device software security patch version and rename it to recovery.img.
2. Connect your device to the pc copy TWRP file to ADB & fastboot folder.
3. Now open command promotes to the ADB & fastboot folder by Hold Shift + Mouse Right Click and type the command one by one.
- This command will reboot your device into fastboot mode, or you can do manually by hold Volume Down + Power key together.
4. This command will install and boot TWRP recovery for temporarily go to the root process after booting the device to TWRP.
How To Root Nokia 6.1 on Oreo with Magisk
1. Once you complete the twrp installation now, you can root the device by flash (Latest Magsik) Download latest Magsik from the download section.
2. Download Magsik zip and Magsik Manager Apk file Copy both files to internal storage or SD via MTP.
4. In TWRP Select Language English, Allow for modifications. By Swipe to Allow Modifications.
5. Go to Wipe and Do Wipe Data.
6. Go To install and navigate to Magsik zip ⇒ Swipe To Install.
7. Back and reboot the device.
8. Install Magsik Manager Apk and Open magisk app and verify root access and safety net check.[bs-white-space]
How To Install Gapps On Nokia X6 (6.1) Chinese variant
You can install Gapps by installing Open Gapps zip via TWRP Recovery or use Google Installer Apk file and Install all Google Service.