Finally, the Root method is available for Samsung Galaxy S10, S10+ and S10e. Here we share an unofficial method to install the official Magisk on Samsung Galaxy S10, S10+ and S10e. This method is only for Samsung device which runs on Android Pie (9.0)-based OneUI. If you are finding to Root your Samsung Galaxy S10 series devices, We will show you. You can root Samsung Galaxy S10, S10+ and S10e on Andoird Pie firmware by following these steps below.
Thanks to XDA Recognized Developer ‘topjohnwu’ has managed to achieve root on the Exynos-based Samsung Galaxy S10, S10e and S10+. Before doing all those processes first, need to unlock the bootloader of your device. Without unlocking the bootloader you can not root your device. This will void your device warranty so let’s begin at your own risk.
Root Samsung Galaxy S10, S10+ and S10e (Exynos)
The method described below is only meant for the Exynos variant of the Galaxy S10, S10 Plus and S10e. It will trip KNOX, and thus void your warranty as well. Tripping Knox also means you can not use Samsung Pay and Secure folder as well as some banking apps. Samsung launched the Samsung Galaxy S10 series with two variant one with Exynos 9820 and other is Qualcomm Snapdragon 845. Both devices Launched with Android 9.0 Pie. Here we will show you the guide on how to root Galaxy S10, S10+ and S10e with latest magisk.
Rooting Pros and Cons
After Rooting Galaxy S10/S10e/S10+ you can able to customize your device. But before starting a complete backup of your device, it wipes full storage and one thing warranty will void after rooting the device. Here are some Rooting benefits, you can remove Samsung Experience bloatware, System Apps. Changing the Samsung Experience fonts and themes, Customizing the phone by installing root apps, Mod the device with Magisk module and more. Let’s start the guide.
- Before starting the rooting process do a complete backup, your device includes Apps, Contacts, Messages, Gallery file, Internal Storage Files.
- Charge the device for interrupt installing.
- Install Samsung Driver.
- Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging, OEM Unlock on Samsung Device to connect your device in ADB, fastboot mode.
- Enable OEM Unlock.
Go to your settings ⇒ Developer options ⇒ tick the“ OEM Unlock ” checkbox
- Download Required Files and Read Guide.
Download Samsung Galaxy S10, S10+ and S10e Root Files
Guide to Root Samsung Galaxy S10, S10+ and S10e On Andorid Pie
- Download stock firmware for your device.
- Then extract it and copy the AP tar file to your device.
- Now install the ‘Canary Patched Magisk‘ apk on your device and open it.
- In Magisk Manager, Open Settings ⇒ Patched Boot Output Format and select “.img.tar“.
- After that back to Magisk home and select “Install ⇒ Install ⇒ select and patch file” option.
- Now select the AP tar file. Magisk Manager will patch the whole firmware file and store the output to [Internal Storage]/Download/magisk_patched.tar.
- Connect your device to the computer and copy the “magisk_patched.tar” on your desktop.
- After that download Odin and extract Odin-v3.*.* and run Odin3 vx.xx.exe.
- Then Switch Off your device.
- Turn your device into Download Mode By (Power + Bixby + Volume Up).
Keep Pressing Volume Up to acknowledge the warning Then Phone Will Turn Download Mode
- Again Connect your phone with PC via USB.
- ODIN will detect your device.
- Uncheck Auto Reboot from Option.
- That is, check the AP Box, select the ‘magisk_patched.tar‘ file.
- Like the Screenshot:
- Now click Start Button on ODIN to begin the installation process.
- Once done you’ll see PASS! message on ODIN after that Press Power + Volume Down to exit download mode. As soon as the screen turns off, immediately press Power + Bixby + Volume Up and hold Volume Up button until you see the stock recovery screen.
- When you are in Stock Recovery mode select wipe data/factory reset to wipe the data of the device.
- Now select “Reboot system now” and immediately press Power + Bixby + Volume Up ⇒ Bootloader warning ⇒ Release all buttons.
- That’s it now you can enjoy all the root features on your device.
Keep mind those things before boot your device:
- System with no Magisk ⇒ Powering up normally.
- System with Magisk ⇒ Power + Bixby + Volume Up ⇒ Bootloader warning ⇒ Release all buttons.
- Stock recovery ⇒ Power + Bixby + Volume Up ⇒ Bootloader warning ⇒ Keep holding volume up.
If you have any problems do comment below. Also, for more updates on stuff like Mods, wallpapers, themes etc like our Facebook page.