Good news for HTC U12+ user Official Twrp recovery is now available for HTC U12+ created by TeamWin it means you can root the device. HTC also listed HTC U12+ on their bootloader unlock website so that you can unlock the bootloader too, you can unlock bootloader from HTC developer website we have the guide for this. The twrp recovery is still in development mode, but you can flash magisk with it and root the device. We will show you How To install TWRP Recovery on HTC U12+ and How to Root HTC U12+ with magisk.
Move To Table
Rooting Pros and Cons
After Rooting HTC U12+ series phone you can able mod your device, but before starting the guide do a complete backup, and one thing warranty will void after rooting the device. Here are some Rooting benefits, you can remove stock bloatware, System Apps after Root the device. Changing the fonts and themes, Customizing the phone by installing root apps, Mod the device with magisk module and more. Also, you can hide root access on specified apps with the help of Magisk systemless App. Let’s start the guide.
How to Root HTC U12+
The only way to Root HTC U12+ via Magisk because SuperSu stops deployment their app and SuperSu 2.82 doesn’t support Oreo. So you need latest magisk and TWRP Recovery to flash the magsik zip, but the first thing you have to do is bootloader unlocking. You can unlock the bootloader with our Guide.
- HTC U12+
- Before starting the rooting process do a complete backup, your device includes Apps, Contacts, Messages, Gallery file, Internal Storage Files.
- Charge the device for interrupt installing.
- Install HTC Driver.
- Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging, OEM Unlock to connect your device in ADB, fastboot mode.
- Unlock HTC U12+ bootloader ⇒ How To Unlock Bootloader Of HTC Phones
- Download TWRP file Latest Magisk and ADB-Fastboot Tool Read Guide.
Download TWRP for HTC U12+ and Root Files, ADB Tool
ADB & fastboot tool ⇒ LATEST MINIMAL ADB AND FASTBOOT TOOLS
TWRP Flashable ⇒ twrp-AB-installer-ime-3.2.3-1_freak07.zip
Root Files ⇒ Latest Magisk
How To Install TWRP Recovery On HTC U12+
1. First, read Pre-requisites unlock the bootloader, Download ADB & fastboot, and TWRP Recovery.
- Download TWRP file any one of them and rename it to recovery.img.
2. Connect your device to the pc copy TWRP file to ADB & fastboot folder.
3. Now open command promotes to the ADB & fastboot folder by Hold Shift + Mouse Right Click and type the command one by one.
4. This command will install TWRP recovery on HTC U12+ for temporary Don’t reboot the device instead boot the device into twrp recovery mode and go to the root step with this command.
How To Root HTC U12+ on Oreo with Magisk
1. Once you complete the twrp installation now, you can root the device by flash (Latest Magsik) Download latest Magsik from the download section.
2. Download Magsik zip Copy files to internal storage or SD Card.
3. In TWRP, Tap cancels if TWRP asks for a password to decrypt.
4. Don’t Allow for modifications. Keep read-only.
5. Go To install and navigate to Magsik zip ⇒ Swipe To Install.
6. Back and reboot the device.
7. Open magisk app and verify root access and safety net check (Install Magsik Manager Apk if magisk app is missing).