Xiaomi Redmi K20/MI 9T And Redmi K20 Pro will get an update soon that brings 75Hz refresh rate display features. After updating you can able to change screen refresh rate between 60Hz to 75Hz. Redmi K20 and K20 Pro pack a bouquet of high-end specs and flagship-grade features. The display is also an important part for a flagship device, this device officially comes with 60Hz refresh rate screen. Most of the Android device comes with the same refresh rate display so this is not any flagship features. So after some week, an XDA developer developed 75Hz screen mod for Redmi K20 and Redmi K20 Pro. That overclock your screen refresh rate up to 75Hz.
Enable 75Hz Screen On Redmi K20 And Redmi K20 Pro
More refresh rate gives smooth and fluid feels in games, video and other stuff. Here we share a way to overclock the standard 60Hz display on the Redmi K20 series to 75Hz. Yes, they came up with a mod which when installed on any K20 device, the refresh rate will reach 75Hz.
The process to install 75Hz Refresh Rate Mod on MI 9T/Redmi K20 or Redmi K20 Pro is pretty simple. First required an unlocked bootloader on your K20 device to install MOD. After that, you can install it via TWRP custom recovery (Recommended) or use ADB Fastboot method, we share both methods below.
- Before starting the process do a complete backup of DTBO partition using TWRP or Lanthanum System Toolbox.apk.
- The Redmi K20/MI 9T or K20 Pro’s bootloader must be unlocked.
- Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi K20/Pro.
- ADB Tool: ADBFASTBOOT TOOL
- Download “adb-fastboot-tool.zip” and “Redmi K20/Pro 75Hz mod.zip“.
- Extract both files in a desktop.
Download 75Hz overclock mods for the Redmi K20 and Redmi K20 Pro
How To Enable Redmi K20 (Pro) 75Hz Display Refresh Rate Mod
Note: This is not an official mode and may cause damage to your Redmi K20 or K20 Pro, so we recommend that you install it at your own risk.
Make A Backup Of DTBO Partition
⇒ Via TWRP:
- Reboot your device in TWRP mode.
- Select Backup > Select only the DTBO partition > Select storage location
- After that click Backup button.
⇒ Via Lanthanum System Toolbox App:
- Download Lanthanum System Toolbox.apk file, install the apk, then open it.
- Select partition settings from the hamburger menu.
- Select DTBO, make a backup of it (Export image).
Install 75Hz Refresh Rate screen MOD
- First, copy the “dtbo_mod_75hz.img” into ADB extracted folder.
- Open cmd windows in “adb-fastboot-tool” folder by Shift + Mouse Right-click.
- Turn your device into Fastboot Mode and connect your phone with PC via USB.
- Using Volume Down + Power buttons.
- Now paste this command on command window and hit enter to install MOD.
fastboot flash dtbo dtbo_mod_75hz.img
- The above command will flash 75Hz MOD on your phone.
- Reboot your phone and enjoy !!!
If you have any problems do comment below. Also, for more updates on stuff like flashing, wallpapers, themes etc like our Facebook page.
More How-To Guides