Finally, the Root method is available for OnePlus 7 Pro. To maximize its performance and get control of system files you can root your device. Magisk is the perfect way to root your Android device and here we share an easy method to install the official Magisk on OnePlus 7 Pro. This article will help you to root OnePlus 7 Pro with Magisk Patched Boot Image by following these steps below.
After Rooting OnePlus 7 Pro you can able to customize your device. But before starting to process backup of your device data, it wipes full storage and one thing warranty will void after rooting the device. Here are some Rooting benefits, you can remove bloatware Apps, Changing the fonts and themes, Customizing the phone by installing root apps, Mod and more. Also, some extra features are available on the Magisk like Magisk hide, Magisk Module. Let’s start the guide.
How To Root OnePlus 7 Pro
Till now officially TWRP recovery doesn’t release for OnePlus 7 Pro. But unofficial TWRP for OnePlus 7 Pro is available and soon we are going to post a guide to install it. Yet direct Magisk install via TWRP method is not possible. But don’t worry here we share Magisk Patched Boot Image that directly installs Magisk without TWRP recovery to Root OnePlus 7 Pro. First, we create a boot patch image in a very simple way then we proceed with the rooting method.
- Before starting the rooting process do a complete backup, your device includes Apps, Contacts, Messages, Gallery file, Internal Storage Files.
- Make sure your device bootloader must be unlocked.
- Charge the device for interrupt installing.
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on your PC
- Download Required Files and Read Guide.
You may also like:
- Install JamesDSP Manager ViPER4Android Alternative for Android 8.0+
- Download BiTGApps For Android Pie, Oreo, Nougat (Optimized)
- Install Official TWRP Recovery On OnePlus 7 Pro and Root via Magisk
Download OnePlus 7 Pro Root Files
Magisk Patched Boot Image (OOS 9.5.3)
Magisk Patched Boot Image (OOS 9.5.4) [EU Version /1913]
Magisk Patched Boot Image (OOS 9.5.4) [Global | Indian Version /1917 | 1911]
Magisk Patched Boot Image (OOS 9.5.5) [EU Version /1913]
Steps to Create Magisk Patched Boot Image
- Download the stock OOS on which the phone is running (eg. if you are in OOS 9.5.5 then download the stock OOS 9.5.5).
- Then extract the boot.img file from the stock OOS using payload.bin dumper.
- Now copy the boot.img file on your OnePlus 7 Pro.
- After that install the ‘Magisk Manager‘ apk on your device and open it.
- In Magisk Manager, select “Install ⇒ Install ⇒ select and patch file” option.
- Now select boot.img file. Magisk Manager will patch the whole boot file.
- Once done, your Magisk boot image patch will be saved in the [Internal Storage]/Download/boot_patched.img folder.
Steps to Root OnePlus 7 Pro with Magisk
- Download “adb-fastboot-tool.zip” extract it in a desktop.
- Then connect your device to the computer and copy the “boot_patched.img” on the adb folder.
- Open cmd windows in “adb-fastboot-tool” folder by Shift + Mouse Right click.
- Connect your device to the PC in Bootloader Mode.
- Then Paste below command to root OnePlus 7 Pro.
fastboot boot patched_boot.img
- The phone will boot into the rooted system (don’t disconnect the phone from PC).
- Once your device booted then open Magisk Manager on your phone, click on Install and select direct install.
- After installing the Magisk, your OnePlus 7 Pro is rooted. Now you can disconnect from PC.
If you have any problems do comment below. Also, for more updates on stuff like flashing, wallpapers, themes etc like our Facebook page.
I had to do it diffrently since yout command gave an error:
“C:\adb>fastboot boot C:\adb\magisk_patched.img
Sending ‘boot.img’ (48972 KB)
OKAY [ 1.047s]
FAILED (remote: ‘unknown comm
fastboot: error: Command failed
fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img
After that, my device was rooted just fine
thanks for the information!!