Good news for Redmagic users if you are using Redmagic 8 Pro 5G and want to install Custom ROMs or Root the device. Then Custom Recovery like TWRP recovery is now available for Redmagic 8 Pro 5G devices. The unofficial TWRP Recovery is developed by a Redmagic telegram member, which means you can root Redmagic 8 Pro. The device needs to unlock the bootloader to flash recovery you can use the OEM unlock method, or you can read our unlock bootloader guide on How to Unlock Bootloader ZTE devices. The recovery is still in development mode, but you can flash Magisk with it and root the device. We will show you How To Root Redmagic 8 Pro Devices with TWRP Recovery and Magisk.
In this post, we are going to share TWRP Recovery for Redmagic 8 Pro and other Custom Recovery from the Redmagic 8 Pro groups. The only way to Root Redmagic 8 Pro 5G is via Magisk because SuperSu stops deployment of their app and SuperSu doesn’t support Android 11+. So you need the latest magisk and TWRP Recovery to flash the magsik zip, but the first thing you have to do is bootloader unlocking. You can unlock the bootloader with our Guide on How to unlock the ZTE bootloader.
Rooting Pros and Cons
After Rooting the Redmagic 8 Pro phone you can able to mod your device, but before starting the guide do a complete backup, and one thing warranty will void after rooting the device. Here are some Rooting benefits, You can remove stock bloatware, and System Apps after Rooting the device. Changing the fonts and themes, Customizing the phone by installing root apps, Mod the device with the Magisk module, and more. Also, you can hide root access on specified apps with the help of the Magisk systemless App. Let’s start with the guide.
- Redmagic 8 Pro and Redmagic 8S Pro
- Before starting the rooting process do a complete backup, your device includes Apps, Contacts, Messages, Gallery files, and Internal Storage Files.
- Remove the pattern, pin, and Finger Print from the device
- Charge the device for interrupt installation.
- Install ZTE Driver.
- Enable Developer Options, USB Debugging, and OEM Unlock on NUBIA to connect your device in ADB, fastboot mode.
- Unlock Bootloader ZTE, Nubia phone bootloader ⇒ How to Unlock Bootloader of ZTE, Nubia devices
- Download the Latest Redmagic 8 Pro Firmware from the official website to extract init_boot from payload.bin File.
- Download the TWRP file and the Latest Magisk APK and FastbootEnhance Tool Read Guide.
Download Custom Recovery for Redmagic 8 Pro 5G & Root Files, ADB Tool
TWRP Recovery for Redmagic 8 Pro ⇒ TWRP For Redmagic 8 Pro
Latest Redmagic 8 Pro Firmware ⇒ REDMAGIC 8 Pro Global ROMs and Updates
Root Files MAGISK ⇒ Latest Magisk APK
How To Root Redmagic 8 Pro and Install TWRP Recovery
1. First, read the Prerequisites unlock the bootloader, and Download FastbootEnhance Tool and Magisk APP for Root.
- Download FastbootEnhance Tool and Extract the Release folder to the C drive.
- Download the Latest Redmagic 8 Pro Firmware and unzip it.
2. Run FastbootEnhance.exe from FastbootEnhance Tool /Release Folder.
3. Now Extract init_boot From the latest firmware to patch it with Magisk.
4. Go to Payload Dumper and browse the payload.bin From Firmware File – Go to the Partitions tab and Extract the init_boot File.
5. Now install MAGISK App on your Phone and copy The init_boot File to your phone to patch the init_boot File with MAGISK.
6. Open Magisk App on your phone Tap on Install, Select the boot file Install Method, and browse init_boot File
7. Once the init_boot File is patched Copy the patched boot img file from the Download folder to your PC or Laptop FastbootEnhance/Release Folder.
8. Switch Off your device Then Hold the Volume Down and connect the USB Cable to connect your device to FASTBOOT Mode.
9. Now open the command promotes to the FastbootEnhance/Release folder by holding shift + Mouse Right Click and type the commands one by one or type the below command in the CMD window.
10. Now flash magisk_patched img to root your device by using this command.
fastboot flash init_boot magisk_patched-**.img
11. This command will install Custom recovery on Redmagic 8 Pro 5G phone permanently Don’t reboot the device instead boot the device into recovery mode and go to the root step with this command.
fastboot flash recovery_ab out/target/product/nx729j/recovery.img
12. After flashing TWRP recovery, now You can now reboot your device,
13. Open the Magisk app and verify root access and safety net check (Install Magsik Manager Apk if the Magisk app is missing).
Yes, rooting will void the warranty in most smartphones, but for Redmagic devices, it’s not Redmagic devices still provide a warranty until the device bricked by rooting or installing TWRP recovery.
Yes, this guide supports Android 11 to Android 13 running devices, and we will update the guide if a new update is released for the device.
No, you can’t, After installing TWRP or other custom recovery on the device and after rooting you can’t update the device via OTA update. The official OTA update is possible manually via custom recovery.
Yes, Unrooting is possible, To unroot the device, you have to install stock firmware to revert back to normal official software. You can visit our firmware section to install the official software